Pothole Repair Service
Colossal Allies Asphalt
Pothole Repair Services
Colossal Allies Asphalt is Gold Coast premier pothole repair specialists. Whether it be car parks, paths or driveways, our team of professionals have you covered.
The Dangers Of Potholes
Potholes are a common nuisance on the roads in QLD. Not only do they make a street look rundown and unsightly, but they also pose a threat to the safety of anyone who travels on the road. Potholes can grow rapidly. While small potholes may only cause minor damage to a vehicle, larger ones can actually cause an accident.
A pothole is a structural failure in an asphalt pavement caused by the presence of water in the underlying soil structure and the presence of traffic passing over the affected area. Potholes are a major factor in causing axle & suspension failure, which counts for a third of mechanical issues on Australian roads.
Potholes occur from four main causes;
- Insufficient pavement thickness to support traffic
- Insufficient drainage
- Failures at utility trenches and castings (manhole and drain casings)
- Pavement defects and cracks left unmaintained and unsealed so as to admit moisture and compromise the structural integrity of the pavement
Common Pothole Accidents
Potholes are dangerous for drivers, motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians.
The two most common types of accidents involving potholes include:
- The vehicle’s wheel becoming lodged in a pothole causing it to swerve or even flip
- A motorist or rider notices a pothole at the last second and swerves to avoid it causing an accident
Contact us for all your pothole needs
3 Quick and Easy Steps To Complete Your Project
Asphalt service brought to you by Colossal Allies Asphalt. Bringing bitumen with professionalism at realistic prices and still having a quality product. With 25+ years working and perfecting our skills in the asphalt and bitumen industry – Get a quote today.